Collecting awards may seem like a way to put oneself in the limelight. Though it is a big boost and inspiration to be acknowledged for the effort one put into blogging – and it certainly feels fulfilling to have verified that people actually read and appreciate what you do, for me the biggest deal about blogger awards is to spread the awareness about other great bloggers that exist out there. It’s really what the awards are about, to me at least. It’s an opportunity to tell the blog sphere about all – or some at least – of the blogs that you yourself have found to be excellent and inspiring. Thus it’s a delight for me to now be able to do exactly that.
Over the last two months I have been nominated four times for the Versatile Blogger Award. I been busy travelling and working and haven’t had time to fulfil the requirements that comes along with the award. But here it is. First of all I would like to thank the four bloggers who nominated me for the award. Thank you so much Uponatlas, The Daily Graf, Whenquiet’s Blog and finally Linda Hersley. I am deeply honoured by being chosen. And by the way, they are all great blogs to look up, too. After all they did get a Versatile Blogger Award themselves and thus could nominate me.
As part of the fulfilment of the requirements that comes along with Versatile Blogger Award here is a list of 15 wonderful and, yes, versatile blogs. Please look them up; they are worthy of spending some time with. Some of the blogs I hereby nominate have already at least once been nominated, but for me the list wouldn’t be complete without them – and I don’t think they need to fulfil any requirements again, if time or opportunity doesn’t make it possible.
15 great blogs in random order:
August McLaughlin’s Blog
GMB Akash – A Photojournalist’s Blog
This Man’s Journey
Joshi Daniel Photography
Draw and Shoot
Twelve Months of Creativity
Annika Ruohonen Photography
Georgette Sullins’s Blog
Bente Haarstad Photography
In addition to these great blogs, I once before nominated 16 blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you haven’t look them up yet, please do so at my post: Versatile Blogger Award.
To fulfil the last requirement of my nomination, I need to share seven items about myself that you don’t already know:
● I don’t have patience for slow drivers
● I love sugar, but try to step back from evilness
● I have a secret dream of once doing an ultra marathon
● I wish I sometimes weren’t so lazy
● By age I am too old to be young, but in my mind I still feel like a boy
● I really like Laphroaig (you don’t know what it is? Shame on you)
● I think long postings can be pain in the but (simply because too often I don’t have the time to read them) – so how come I always end up writing one myself?
Finally here are the rules that go along with the Versatile Blogger Award:
● Make a post with a list of 15 nominated blog
● Inform the nominees that they are nominated
● Share seven items about yourself that readers don’t already know
● Thank the blogger who gave you this award.