Last week I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by Niasunset. Thank you Niasunset. It’s been fun to get this attention (despite what I wrote about being eaten by sharks in my previous post). Most of all it’s a huge inspiration to keep going on with this blog – along with all the great feedback I get from all of you.
According to the rules for this award, with this Versatile Blogger Award picture, one should make a post with a nomination blog list (which should be 15) and one should inform the nominees that they are nominated for this Versatile Blogger Award. In addition one should share seven items about oneself that readers don’t already know. And one needs to thank the blogger who gave you this award.
So let me start with seven characteristics of myself. The obvious one would of course be that I love photography, but that should go without saying by now… Otherwise:
1) I cannot get enough of books – the real thing – and I enjoy reading almost as much as I do photography. It’s an impossible task to name some favourite writers, though, but at least two springs to my mind: Nick Hornby and Umberto Eco. As a photographer I should probably name a photo book that has been most important to me. That’s even more impossible. But here is one: Martin Munkacsi – An Aperture Monograph.
2) Music is the third important creative inspiration. But I cannot name any favourites. There is just too much good and interesting music out. Right now, though, Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta is playing in the background.
3) Film comes into my life on about the same level as photography, reading and music. I just love getting lost in somebody else’s world of cinematography. Two favourites: Hotel Splendide by Terence Gross and Angel-A by Luc Besson.
4) I am addicted to Häagen-Dazs Butter Pecan ice cream. I am not able get it where I stay in Norway, so whenever I go to The States I just can’t get enough of it.
6) I am wonderfully in love with the most fantastic woman. The only thing is, she lives in Seattle, USA, while my home address is Bergen, Norway. Makes for a long commute, but we have manage for 8 years now, and only growing stronger.
7) Last but most importantly are my three wonderful kids, two boys and a daughter.
Then it’s time to name my nominees and share their great blogs (I ended up with 16, though):